Flying Birds Stitch Washcloth {Crochet Pattern}

 
Copyright 2010-2012 LiLu Studios: This Crafting Life, by Lori Steffens. {http://www.thiscraftinglife.com/} Make it, Wear it, Love it, but above all, Share it, don't Sell it!

Here's another pattern that I've written, this one also meant for my holiday gifting from Christmas 2011.  It's a really simple washcloth that can be embellished by adding a border or you can make it wider or taller in any way you see fit. If I had been smart and gauged it out a little better beforehand, I could have gotten the colors to line up in rows and make it look a little more finished.   Either way, I still think it looks nice and the v stitch gives it a really nice texture.

Materials:
I like using cotton yarn for my bathroom items, and for this I used Sugar and Cream yarn in this pretty ombre.   
A size H crochet hook
Instructions
Pattern:
Ch 30
Row 1: Sc in second chain from hook, *ch 1, sk next ch, sc* repeat to end, turn.
Row 2: ch2, hdc in next st, *ch1, hdc dec* to end, turn.
Row 3: ch1, *sc, ch1, sk next st* repeat to end, turn

Repeat rows 2 and 3 until your washcloth is square.